I wore Red Wings 1263 non steel-toe, a boot made in China from 2006-2011. I bought 4 pairs had them resoled, these were the best boots I owned.

The soles on this boot were the toughest sole I have ever owned, the boots were discontinued in 2011 or 2012. The job I had then was Landscape/Irrigation Maintenance and some Landscape Construction. I never once tore the sole on a shovel. In 2014 I bought a pair of Red Wings steel-toe made in US, I tore the sole in 4-5 months and the leather on the toes wore down to steel in 4 months.

In 2015 I purchased a Red Wing steel-toe boot made in China that are very similar to the 1263 model I loved, the sole started coming apart at 8 months. The leather on the toes wore off in 5 months.

I have read other posts on other sites that the Red Wing boots made in US are still the same quality, no *** way.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $230. The author is overall dissatisfied with Red Wing Shoes. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Red Wing Shoes.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Footwear and Clothing category for more informed decision or compare Red Wing Shoes to other companies on our site.

Comments