3.5

I purchased a brand new pair of Red Wing boots, model 606 less than a month ago. I accepted a job as a heat and frost insulator.

I wore them for a couple weeks around the house, out and about etc to break them in. Started my new job THREE DAYS AGO and BOTH boots are cracking in the middle of the soles, same spot on both. I'm taking this junk back and demanding a refund... I DON'T want another pair....I'll get Danner or Thorogood.

I've worn Red Wings for years, never again.

I'm done. 0

Product or Service Mentioned: Red Wing Shoes Boots.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

The welts have a part in them from when the boots are constructed. They are not, “cracking in the same place,” that is simply the spot where the welt comes together.

The welt is a strip that goes around the boot.

It is not a uniform, solid ring. This shouldn’t have to be explained, lol.

That’s not a crack it’s where the stitching starts and stops on the insoles, every pair of 606, and 604 you see that one when brand new. Not a defect. Simply where they cut the rubber.

yeah that's how they put the sole on. that's not junk, that's quality. That way you can get your boots resold if you wear through the sole.

That is a goodyear welt. They come like that when they are new, it is part of the manufacturing process. That construction also means that you may be able to resole your boots.